Condé Nast International publishes close to 100 high-quality websites and apps in 11 countries around the world, reaching more than 200 million unique users. Some of our world famous brands are Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Condé Nast Traveller and Architectural Digest.
We are launching an ambitious initiative, building upon the global reach of the iconic Vogue brand, investing in cutting-edge digital journalism and deepening our relationships to Vogue’s influential and ever more connected audience. To help define and support this mission, in concert with Vogue’s international editions, we are creating a central editorial hub in London and we are seeking an Editor-In-Chief, Vogue International to build and lead this new digital editorial team.
The Vogue International team will provide our regional teams with digital strategy and leadership and support them with photography and visuals, video, interactive and mobile experiences as well as written journalism.
The central editorial team will coordinate editorial planning, facilitate the sharing and adaptation of content across eleven markets and nine languages, coordinate partnerships and multimarket projects and work with local teams to maximise the impact of our content across social and third party platforms. They will also facilitate the exchange and mutual sharing of best practices and insights between our many Vogue teams.
The role requires a combination of talents: Relentless curiosity about what is new and different and the passion to unearth the untold stories in the world of fashion; a creative and experimental approach to digital publishing and new storytelling tools; a solid understand of fashion, strong journalistic instincts and a strong visual sense, ability to marry commercial and editorial opportunities, balanced with the intercultural experience and skills to co-ordinate with teams across our 11 wholly owned and culturally very diverse markets.
We are looking for a creative, ideas-led individual, with a strong understanding of the brands’ voice, both globally, and in its many local expressions.
The position of Editor-In-Chief will report into the Chief Digital Officer and President of Condé Nast International.
- Provide digital leadership and support to local market teams in collaboration with local brand leadership.
- Nurture an exchange of best practice and learning between local editorial teams as well as between local teams and the central editorial hub.
- Ensure maximum uptake of centrally produced content across markets, minimising duplication and repetition of labour and remaining within budget.
- Collaborate with the CNI commercial team to ideate editorially lead commercial opportunities
- To be an ambassador for the digital voice of Vogue both internally within Condé Nast International and in the wider industry.
- Strengthen the position of Vogue digital as the world’s most passionate community of fashion lovers and fashion professionals.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant leadership experience as a digital editor in a multi-national publishing company and across more than just one continent or one language sphere.
- The ability to represent Vogue internally and externally, to advertisers, on stage, throughout media channels and to the network of designers, business people and influencers
- Solid experience in lifestyle, culture and fashion journalism.
- The ability to prioritise your own and your team’s tasks in a fast-changing environment and under high pressure.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, focused on growing the Vogue brand’s digital audience of fashion fans and fashion professionals.
- A solid understanding of contemporary engagement and loyalty metrics and the proven strategies to improve them.
- A strong understanding of the interrelationship between digital publishers and digital platforms.
- A good network of personal contacts to designers, artists, business leaders and influencers who form the brand’s core constituencies around the world.
- Being a least bi-lingual is a must, preferably English plus French, Spanish or Mandarin.
- Creativity and a love for the arts.