Google’s line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
You will be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to Google Play and YouTube key music content partners in the digital music space.
In this role, you will interact regularly with counterparts at music labels and artists and any other key music content partners, facilitating ongoing business and operational processes, resolving inquiries, and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also collaborate extensively with internal teams on both long- and short-term cross-functional projects.
You will work in the YouTube Music partnerships team and focus on local partners and international partners having a local presence or impact in Central and Eastern Europe and help support other initiatives across the region. You will have exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset, and experience working with music companies in the digital space. Some travel will be required.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Manage and optimize existing partnerships to maximize business growth and user experience while maintaining strong direct relationships with key music partners in one or several EMEA countries.
- Develop commercial video strategies and audio release roadmap, promotional opportunities and international expansion, and work cross-functionally to ensure plan execution.
- Support partner goals and enquiries and coordinate with other cross-functional teams accordingly.
- Identify long-term mutual business growth opportunities for partner accounts and drive those opportunities internally and externally.
- Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives in your assigned market.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience at a music label and/or digital company.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English and a Slavic language or Hungarian or Romanian, or other relevant to the Central and Eastern Europe market.
- Business development experience negotiating complex media or Internet agreements within the music industry experience.
- Deep understanding of the music and video industries as well as the nuances of licensing and key Internet and digital media trends.
- Strong network in the local music industry, good understanding of local trends and music culture
- Ability to drive new partnerships, sell new business opportunities to existing partners, and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues raised by partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Fluency in Spanish or Polish.
Source: Google Careers